I leave in a mere 24 hours to embark on this grand journey. It will begin in Frankfort as I traverse through the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, and France alongside my parents, concluding my journey with them in Toulouse, France. I will then spend the month of June studying at Ecole Superieure d'Agriculture de Purpan where I will delve into French language, culture, agriculture, and viticulture while also exploring the charms of southern France. When July rolls around, I will be off to intern on a vineyard while staying with a French family and immersing myself fully into their culture and costumes.
This trip will be full of many firsts:
- first time out of the country
- first time I can remember being on a plane
- first french class
- first time traveling by myself
- first time meeting anyone else going on this trip
- first time not spending my summer at the Evendale pool
- first time with a real internship
- first time not really celebrating 4th of July "American style"
I have read what seems like every blog and talked to numerous travelers for advice. My bags are [mostly] packed and all the paperwork and planning is complete. All that is left is to hop on the plane and start exploring!
Je suis pret pour cette adventure commence! *
*this was written with the help of google translate.... I have yet to learn more than about 10 words of French. So prayers and luck for learning a means for communication would be greatly appreciated.